Wednesday 19 January 2022

Eat, sleep, cruise and repeat - Deb Stephens - Mood Board Inspiration

Hello Dusty FANattics

For the January mood board challenge I decided to use papers, embellishments and chipboard from my stash and look through my containers of un-scrapped photos. (We've all go these, right?)

This is the Mood board 



I started with a pieces of paper called "Follow your path" from the True North range by Uniquely Creative. I applied clear embossing paste through the Dusty Attic fishnet stencil and covered it with some textured embossing powder then heat set it. I randomly shadow stamped a background stamp between the embossing with a grey archival ink, then inked the edges of the page.



I covered all of the chipboard pieces in gesso and then painted the elements with chalk paint. Then some were covered in crackle gloss and left to dry. Once dried I applied blue and brown ink through the cracks to make them stand out more. 



I matted my photo onto a pale blue cardstock and then used foam tape to a Kaisercraft paper from the Coastal Escape collection called Netting on the light brown side. From the leftover piece on the wood patterned side, I cut several strips about 3/4" long then distressed and inked the edges before adhering it to the base sheet.  I then adhered the photo mat centrally on top of this. After arranging and adhering the chipboard around the photo mat, I finished off with sisal fibres, flowers from Prima's French riviera range, some mini seashells, starfish and art stones. The final touches were some gesso wash and splashes of paint to the page.



Remember it is super easy to add your take of the mood board into the comments section of the Dusty FANattics facebook page 
Here -    https://facebook.com/groups/1949690068580466

Dusty Attic Products used


·         DA1941 - Pirate Icons (ship wheel and anchor only)

·         DA0654 – Fish net panel

·         DA2081 – Mini captions #17

·         DA2148X – life Buoy

·         DA1735 – World Map

·         DA08632 – Mini Number Set

·         DA1731 - Layered Flourish (used as sea grass)

·         Scrapbook cruise and Explorer of the seas– Custom Cut words for cruise by Dusty Attic

-DA1488 stencil - netting


 




No comments:

Post a Comment