Monday 27 September 2021

Boobook Owl - Belinda Spencer - Mood Board Inspiration

 Hello Dusty Attic fans!!


It's Belinda here with you today to share my layout inspired by the beautiful September Mood Board.


Here's a reminder of the stunning neutrals of the Mood Board:


I love how soft and restful for the eyes these colours are. I decided to create a NON Halloween layout using the new Halloween chippies and the natural colours of the mood board.

'Boobook Owl'


I am lucky enough to have a gorgeous Southern Boobook Owl living in my hayshed at the moment which just happened to be perfect timing to use the new Owl chippies.


I used some Heidi Swapp Blush Colour Shine on my background cardstock to start my layout. Once dry, I added some stencilling using the Starry Night Stencil which is a favourite of mine and some Snow White Colour Blast Colour Paste. I flicked some of the Colour Shine over the page too. Once everything was completely dry, I added some beautiful rub-ons by 49 and Market.


Next I added a LOT of layers using mostly 49 and Market papers, ephemera and frames. I stapled my layers together and layered them on top of a torn piece of Corrugated Card. I added all of this to the page along with my photo.


Next I painted all of the chipboard pieces with about three coats of heavy white gesso. Once dry, I added some ink to the edges of the chipboard using a brown ink. The ink turned out to be too much of a contrast against the white so I coloured over the top with a white Posca Paint Pen. This made the inking much more subtle which was the look I was after.


Finally, I added all of my embellishments to my layout including the chipboard pieces and some flowers. I added some stamping too.


I love mixing up the various alphabets available at The Dusty Attic. I wanted to place the emphasis on the 'Boo' so I used the Impact ABC Set for that as it was larger.


The Dusty Attic products used:



Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. I hope you will play along with the challenge this month too.

Cheers
Belinda



No comments:

Post a Comment