Monday 16 September 2019

A girl and her dog - Belinda Spencer

Hello Dusty Attic fans!

Belinda here with you today to share my September project featuring some of the fabulous new pet inspired chipboard.

'A Girl and Her Dog'


This is probably my favourite photo of myself as a child with my very first dog 'Snoopy'. I love that it shows how I have loved dogs from a very young age. I wanted to give this layout a bit of a retro/vintage feel because let's face it that photo is kind of vintage now!! LOL



To create a vintage vibe I first mixed up some Dusty in Colour Dusty Pink with a touch of Gingernut and a lot of white gesso. I diluted a portion of it with water and used it to create a watercolour wash over my background paper.



Once the paint was dry I added that funky Geo Panel securing it in place with a few hidden staples. I love to use chipboard in its raw state and I like how the subtle colour didn't detract from the main focus which is always the photo.



Next I used some of the non-diluted paint to colour the 'girl' and 'dog' in the title. I left the rest of the title unaltered to match the Geo Panel and to keep the focus on the 'girl' and 'dog'. 



I layered on all of my patterned papers, photo, title and other embellishments. I coloured the paw prints and heart button with a white paint pen.

Dusty Attic products used:




Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.

Cheers
Belinda



No comments:

Post a Comment