Thursday 7 March 2013

"Effortless Beauty" - Karen Shady

Hi everyone,
Welcome. Today, I have a display frame to share with you, featuring lots of Dusty Attic goodies. I made this frame for my daughter, it was inspired by the top left photo of her, which I came accross recently. I thought she looked very elegant and lady like, and I thought these papers, and chippy pieces were the perfect combination to reflect that. She is a farm girl, through and through, and these photos of her all dressed up are hard to come by, as you can see by the other 2 photos I've used. lol.  
* * *
To create the main frame, I first painted it with Dusty in colour 'Gingernut' acrylic paint, then used a crackle paint, then painted the top layer in 'Alabaster'.
I painted all my chippy pieces using Dusty in colour 'Alabaster'. For the Moroccan lamp, I added a touch of metallic copper ink in a few places, then wrapped a die cut vine around it.
Ive used 'Alabaster' acrylic paint again for the Vintage clock 1 , and added a few metal bit and pieces, to give it a more vintage feel .

I love the crackle look to the frame, and the 'Gingernut' paint is perfect base colour.




The Dusty Attic Products used:

Thanks so much for calling in. Hope to see you again soon
Karen  x


No comments:

Post a Comment