Friday 8 March 2013

March ATC by - Gabrielle - with a tutuorial

Every month Dusty Attic has a fun little ATC challenge (with a Dusty Attic Prize!) and each month they have a different theme for the challenge.  This month (March) the challenge is 'Industrial'.  I gave the theme a lot of thought and decided I wanted to take a more 'natural' element like a Dusty Attic  Monarch butterfly and making it 'industrial' by adding Dusty Attic chipboard cogs and Nuts and Bolts to dress it up. 
And in keeping with the metalic look of the butterfly, I decided to make my ATC (Artist Trading Card - 2.5"x 3.5" card) using polymer clay instead of using paper this time around.  I thought you all might enjoy watching a Video Tutorial I made up in using Polymer Clay, Mica Powders (Pearlex), and chipboard to make a mixed media ATC.  (I promise, this one is a lot shorter than the last video tutorial I made, but I think you might want to enjoy a cuppa coffee while you watch! :) 

Hope you enjoyed my video!  And I hope you give some of these techniques a try!  I have another mixed media, polymer clay/chipboard project to share with you all on the 11th, so please stop by to have a peek! ~Gabrielle xo 

Supplies:
Polymer clay: Sculpey or Fimo (black, green)
Chipboard: Dusty Attic: Monarch Butterflies, Mini Cogs, Nuts and Bolts
Mica Powder: Pearlex (multi-pac)
Stamps: Prima frame stamps, K& Company
Other: Glass beads, seed beads, wire, gold paint acrylic

1 comment:

  1. Gabi, I totally love this !!! - I am going to give it a go! Thank you so much for the tutorial
    Love your ring by the way LOL
    Jen (B) xoxox

    ReplyDelete