Sunday 28 May 2023

Mothers hold their children's hands .... - Deb Stephens - Mood Board Inspiration

Hello Dusty Friends. This layout was inspired by both the Monthly sketch and Mood board. These photos were taken on Mothers day with my mum and my husband and kids and I decided to use them as I like having multiple photos on one layout and printing photos in odd shapes brings more interest. I used DA0932 Polaroid frames for the small photos.

Although I have a love for beautiful patterned paper, (and have a decent stash, as I am sure we all do) more and more I find myself reaching for a blank sheet of white or black 12 x 12 so that I can customize it to my photos' colour scheme. I sprayed and flicked some distress Oxide Sprays in yellow and green tones to tie in the colour of the dress I wore in the main photo.

The ephemera was a fussy cut file that I purchased online from the WhiteCatJournal store, printed onto white cardstock and fussy cut. These were inked and layered up with foam. I also used a Stitched rectangle frame from 49 & Market, some assorted small flowers and fussy cut tickets from one of their patterned papers.

DA2659 Mothers hold their childrens hands chipboard sentiment was painted and attached to the frame.

I hope you enjoyed this simple layout and get inspired by the Mood Board and the Sketch Challenge. Dusty Attic products used are shown below.

No comments:

Post a Comment