Wednesday 17 May 2023

Just a little Adventure - Miss Carrie - Sketch Inspiration

 Greetings, crafting friends! It's Miss Carrie, and I'm excited to share a new scrapbook project with you. Check out this charming outdoor layout that I designed for the May Sketch Challenge hosted in the Dusty Fanattic group.



The layout features my son teaching his younger cousin how to fish and this month's sketch enables me to showcase several photos of this cherished memory.

The May sketch is not only designed with plenty of photo space but is also filled with numerous layers and icons. You can create these layers with pattern paper, stencils, or chipboard, just like I did.



I added some visual interest to my page by using a perforated mesh background in shades of blue and brown. I painted the chipboard with acrylic paint, cut it into pieces, and tucked it behind a larger photo mat.


Perforated Mesh

Dusty Attic offers a fantastic selection of outdoor and fishing-themed decor. In this design, I incorporated the fishing hooks, along with some beautifully layered botanicals.





To give the fish hooks a shiny appearance, I painted the chipboard with Pops of Color and Nuvo Dots. Prior to applying these embellishing paints, I mixed in an acrylic extender to prevent the paint from drying too quickly.

Once the paint had dried, I used a sanding block to distress the edges and added a touch of white paint at the base of each lure using a dry brush technique. I attached each one to the page with a little loop of hemp twine and a metallic safety pen.





In each of the embellishment clusters, I included additional fishing hooks, themed die cuts, and chipboard botanicals. The various layers on this piece come together to give it a delightful outdoor vibe.

To complete the design, I added a simple chipboard title at the bottom of the page. "Just a Little Adventure" was the perfect way to capture the essence of that day.














This was coated in white acrylic and layered with a simple die-cut phrase. For a step-by-step demonstration of how the page was created, feel free to check out the process video on my YouTube channel.

I hope today's project inspired you to try something new!











No comments:

Post a Comment