Friday 5 May 2023

Explore- Kim Arnold

 

Hi everyone! 

Some seaside inspiration today from me.



I have created this layout using photos that my son took while we were on holiday at a tiny resort on one of the outer Fijian islands. I have featured the amazing Reef Cluster #2 chipboard which was just perfect for the theme of this layout and created little underwater scenes on each side of my cluster of photos. I will take you through what I have used and what techniques I applied.



Starting with the Broken Bits #12. I used these to give the feel of bubbles without using actual bubble shapes. I used silver Prima wax to finish these pieces.

 Broken Bits #12

I then moved onto the Reef Cluster #2 and Ocean Elements #7. I used a combination of distress inks, paints and waxes to colour up the various pieces of chipboard in this pack. The Ocean Elements chipboard looked like seaweed to me, so I included it to add another shape to the scenes.



Reef Cluster #2



Ocean elements7

My idea was to create mini scenes, so I wanted to add dimension and a range of colours so that when I layered all of the pieces up there would be contrast. I also cut some of the coral pieces (since there were two the same but mirrored) so I could use the pieces as layers, which makes the scenes much more interesting. I used a combination of paints and inks and waxes to give shading and a dimensional or ombre effect to the colours on some of the bigger pieces. I finished the scenes with little pearls that look like bubbles coming from the fish.



Mini Captions 21 Segway


I then finished the Mini Captions in gold mica paint. I thought that the Bucket list and new experiences words from this pack were just perfect for this layout.



I hope you have a chance to get some creative time in soon.

Happy scrapping
Kim x

Dusty attic products:

https://dustyattic.com.au/product/reef-cluster-2/

https://dustyattic.com.au/product/mini-captions-21-segway/

https://dustyattic.com.au/product/broken-bits-12/

https://dustyattic.com.au/product/ocean-elements-7/


No comments:

Post a Comment