Friday 17 March 2023

LIFE Unscripted - Miss Carrie

 Hello, crafting friends. It’s Miss. Carrie here with another scrapbook project for you to try.



Today, I am using a delightful photo collage with some florals, bits of mixed media, and a playful title.




Unique collage photos taken with an app photo are popular right now, so I thought this would be a great way to record the memory. I chose softer green, mauve, and charcoal hues to complement the photos.



I framed the photo collage with cherry blossoms that were shaded with a mix of shimmerz paints and watercolor pencils. I prepped each piece with white gesso, then layered some softer pink inklingz pigment over the top.
While the paint was still wet, I shaded the centers of the cherry blossoms with darker pink and red watercolor pencils and blended the colors into the pink paint. After shading the stems with coffee, I used the coffee shimmerz to give the flowers a more distressed feel. 




I finished off the pieces with some liquid embellishments and pearls.

Before adding the cherry blossoms to the page, I added a few leaf images with modeling paste and the leaf 4 stencil. These are very subtle and create a lovely texture behind all the chipboard elements.


To bring a bit of pink over to the opposite side of the photo, I used the distress grid stencil to create random bits of texture and splatter. I started with a blend of spun sugar and picked raspberry ink, then layered espresso ink over the top to give it a distressed look.




When I was finished with the stencils, I added charcoal shimmerz splatters over the top. This is the same charcoal color I used to shade some of the botanicals, title, and small filmstrip.


The small daisies were colored with a mix of spays. I started with a layer of white acrylic spray and then spritzed them with some mauve ink. The water-based ink pooled onto the acrylic and created this lovely texture.


The life unscripted title fits this photo perfectly. The charcoal color is such a great contrast to the pink and brings a classic look to the design. I paired this chipboard title with a few stickers and a large coffee-colored arrow.





Throughout the page, I tucked butterflies and a few little phrases and added some bits of stitching to bring in another texture. If you would like to see how this came together, I have a process video on my youtube channel.


I hope this project inspired you to try something new. I can't wait to see what you create!!




No comments:

Post a Comment