Saturday 4 February 2023

Just Because - Heather Woodall

 Good morning

Today I am back with a fun and bright art journal page for you.


I started with paints and stencils. I used a brayer and a few different colour blues to give my page a base coat. I like the brayer as it gives a nice soft finish. 

I then used the same blue paints with different stencils (one colour per stencil) to add on top of the base layer. This was a technique I learnt from the lovely Tracy Scott and have had a lot of fun playing with it over the past few years.

DA







The cloud stencil was used last with a soft white paint.





I then used a white gel pen and a circle template to draw on the circles.



The chipboard, Circle Medley DA2462 was coloured using my prismacolour pencils, the little tabs on the bottom of the balloons were cut from the scrap part of the chipboard pack and attached to the back of the round pieces to make them look like balloons.



I then added some white string to the back of each balloon and attached them to my page using a combination of glue and foam tape to give the balloons the bunched and dimensional look. Once the balloons were attached, I tied all the strings together and added a ribbon bow.

The Just Because DA3338 title was again coloured with my prismacolour pencils and glossy accents added over the top to make it shiny and dimensional.



I had a lot of fun creating this page. I hope I've inspired you to look at your ordinary shaped chipboard and be able to turn them into something fun and bright.

Heather




No comments:

Post a Comment