Sunday 22 May 2022

Memory Holder - Deb Stephens - Mood Board Insprition

Welcome everyone, to my Moody Blues Mood board challenge. I took a blank photo holder and using some versatile Dusty Attic chipboard, made it into a small motivational piece that will hold memories.



I started with texture paste through the circle dot stencil (DA2625) on the front and back and let it dry. I then covered all the chipboard, clay hand embellishment and the photo holder in black gesso and let it dry.


I then adhered and layered up my chipboard and embellishments and let it dry. I spot covered areas that need more black gesso.
Once it was all very dry, I sprayed it with some Blue acrylic and silver mica stains. To finish off I rubbed areas of it with metallic wax in brushed iron and Blue Denim and used a matt White wax to highlight the hand more. I also added small bling charms to add sparkle. Lastly, I cut the quoted sentiment strip to fit and adhered it to the front with glue, before finishing off the edges with more blue metallic wax.

I hope this inspires you to get your entry in for the May Mood board Challenge!












I used the following DA products:





DA2625 Circle dot stencil
DA2583 Quoted Sentiments #3 Black
DA1953\ Industrial Hearts (only used the small size)
DA0689 Mini Cogs #1
DA2869 Industrial Wings #3


Other products:
Prima clay embellishment
Tim Holtz Mica sprays
Dina Wakley black gesso, Acrylic sprays
Prima wax in Brushed iron, White and Blue denim.





No comments:

Post a Comment