Thursday 4 March 2021

Mixed Media panel - Pascale B - Mood Board Inspiration

Hello Sweeties,

Today I'm up on Dusty attic blog with a mixed media panel. I have this photo found on Pixabay for a very long time, but I haven't found the right way to use it until I saw the March combo of color.






What do you think? Isn't it perfect for this photo? I know the photo was taken most certainly at sunrise, not at sunset. Nonetheless, even if the photo is mostly gray, there is a hint of the orange-coral color on the top of the lantern that makes all the difference. 




Some Close ups 


The first thing I've done was to prime the panel with heavy black gesso. While it was drying, I cut the paper to the form of the panel and in small pieces. I stamped all the edges of the paper pieces and inked their edges with black ink. When done, I glued all the pieces to the panel and primed them with clear gesso. Finally, I added a design with the Lace Stencil and Paper Paste. 
If you want to see how I made the background, you can watch this video where I used the same technic. 


I primed all the chipboards with white gesso. Next, I embossed twice the Leafy Garland with UTEE. I added some touch of copper paint and heat embossed again until the UTEE melt again.


I colored the butterscotch flowers with the Carmin liquid acrylic paint to match the sunset colors. Next, I glued all the embellishments starting with the Mystic Frame #1, then the flowers, and finally the Foliage #4, the Tropical Leaves #9, and the Leafy Garland. 


When everything was properly glued, I painted all the chipboard elements with acrylic paints. I added some color to the background as well with the same paints. 


To finish the composition, I added some glitters. 

Materials:

Dusty Attic products:



Mystic Frame #1
DA1744

Foliage #4
DA1294

Tropical Foliage #9
DA2537

Leafy Garland
DA2380

Lace Stencil
DA1310


Other products:

Paper - 49 and Market (VA Butter: Serenity);
Flowers - 49 and Market (Sugar Posies: Butterscotch);
Magical - Lindy's Gang (Bodacious Blush);
Embossing Powders - Ranger (UTEE);
Stencil - A.B. Studio (Stencil ID-90);
Art Ingredients - Finnabair Prima ();
Metallic Paint Art Alchemy- Finnabair Prima (Steampunk Copper);
Liquid Acrylic Art Alchemy- Finnabair Prima (Carmin, Nude, Tiger Orange, Purple, Liquid Fluid Medium);
Art Extravagance - Finnabair Prima (Paper Paste);
Art Basics - Finnabair Prima (Clear Gesso, Black Heavy Gesso, White Heavy Gesso, 3D Matte Gel, Soft Gloss Gel).


No comments:

Post a Comment