Monday 25 May 2020

Today's memories - Michelle Van Oudtshoorn - Mood Board inspiration

Hello Dusty Attic fans


How gorgeous is this moodboard for this month? I just love the softness and the prettiness of the colours.


To enter it is so easy, just add your take of the challenge in the comments section in the Dusty FANattics Facebook page HERE
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1949690068580466
This is so gorgeous! Inspired by the flowers, I created a layout using flowers and leaves.

I have used a mixture of Studio 73 and Mintay papers to create my layout.  I first started with one of the larger circles from the Get Framed - Circle chipboard, which I painted with acrylic paints in tones of spearmint green and mauve. This was attached to the photo, sliding the photo through the top so that the bottom of the circle is behind the photo. This was adhered to the page with foam tape. I then painted the foliage #23 chipboard in a dark green. When the leaves were dry, I brushed gently over this with a sanding block to reveal some of the chipboard. I then started layering up the fussy cut flowers, leaves with the foliage chipboard. There are three pieces of foliage, of which one of them I cut up to add smaller bits around my fussy cutting.

The small "ocean wave" chipboard was painted with a mixture of mauve and lilac and adhered between the flowers and the leaves. The title was painted with a spearmint green paint and a bit of lilac paint - this was done dabbing lightly with a sponge so as not to fill the letters with paint.

There is also a small chipboard bird cage added to the layout

Come and play along and create a layout using the moodboard as inspiration - and you could win a voucher from Dusty Attic worth $50 of gorgeous Dusty Attic chippiness :)



Here the products I have used:



Take care and keep safe,
Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment