Sunday 30 June 2019

Brotherly Love - Kristy Abela -Mood Board Inspiraton

 

Hi there Attic Dwellers... Today I get to share with you my Mood board Inspiration for June! I took this picture of my boys last year in winter. We were out at Coogee Bay for lunch and took a stroll along the clifftops! Absolute perfection. 




Here are some close ups of the finished product so you know what techniques to look for in the post! 

 

I started out creating a base for my page... I like the wood paneling as it recreated the jetty. 





Using my tool of choice, the brayer, I added some custom colour to the background to better reflect the colour pallet. I added some vertical and horizontal lines to break up the splotches and frame the jetty.



I created some texture with a harlequin stencil and used some light and fluffy paste. I really like this paste as it leaves a raised dimension without needing to add a lot of paste to your page and avoiding stencil bleeds... Ew! I used some water based crayon to highlight the ridges. I rubbed it onto my finger and lightly brushed it along the stenciling.  



I highlighted the edges of the wood paneling with Distress ink directly from the cube. I love this look as you often get striations in the ink. 



I was handed a bottle of this to play with... So I did! I applied a generous coat to my chipboard and left it to dry naturally overnight. I used mica sprays to colour the chipboard and I didn't prime it first as I wanted the cardboard to soak up the colour and leave the shimmer on top.



How good does that look!!
I used glossy accents for the reeds. 
I wanted some variation in the texture. 


I have been eyeing these little beauties off for a while now and finally got my chance to showcase them! 
I dabbed them into white gesso and created peaks in the acrylic. I also added a little Fluid Acrylic to colour the wings on the seagull. 
When i was in Arizona for Creativation i was taught the technique i used on the posts. 
OK.. I'll share!
With this one you use a powdered watercolour pigment. I used a little Satin Glaze Matte for this but you can use any clear drying medium to create the effect. Sprinkle a little pigment onto the chipboard and wet your brush and swipe! Perfect woodgrain every time!!


To complete the page I added Splatters, Stones, Sisal and Beads. Thanks for stopping in to look at my latest creation. 

Please pop on over to our Dusty FANattics page on Facebook and show us what you have created!!
Ciao for Now...






Dusty Attic Products Used




--
Kristy - Abela Artistry
https://abelaartistry.blogspot.com.au
https://www.instagram.com/abela.artistry
https://www.facebook.com/abela.artistry

No comments:

Post a Comment