Sunday 7 October 2018

HERE - Tina Ollett - Mood Board Inspiration

Hi there Dusty Attic friends! Tina Ollett here to share my Moodboard creation for this month. Have you seen the gorgeous Moodboard for October yet?? Well if not I have it for you below.

 Stunning ! Teal and Autum coloured October Mood Board Challenge. As you may have read we are splitting the prize this year and having TWO x $50 Vouchers to the Dusty Attic website, so there is more chances to win. Remember the only criteria is that is has Dusty Attic chipboard on your creation. Just add your link, name and county here and have fun with the board, and happy Creating everyone.

Isn't it just gorgeous. And because I can't resist blue and orange this is what I used from the board to complete my inspired project. This is titled "Here"..........



Okay so you already know how much I love to create with beach themed photography. I just can't help myself really. Using this moodboard made my creation time even easier than normal and of course using a few Dusty Attic Chipboards makes it even easier! But Dusty Attic just doesn't sell chipboards. Jennifer Hedger has a wonderful assortment of lots of little tid bits to help with any scrapbooking or Art Journalling or even off the page projects. 
What I always love to use is Jennifers Dusty in Colour Acrylic Paints. I have used them on this project here to create my background for the photo and embellishments to sit upon. 
To do this background work I emptied the colours I required on to a splat mat and let them sit for a bit to allow them to dry. You can alternatively add these to other medias of course for example Texture Pastes which you can also find at the Dusty Attic. 
So using a small palette knife I created textures with my paints and I also added in a little gesso to help things along also. I tried creating waves following on from my photo. If you look very hard you will see this in my project photo below. It was more noticeable before I layered over my embellisments of course! I also used these Acrylic paints to colour the art stones, shells and I also changed up with flowers used for this project.












As you can see above I have used the new release chain cirlces and now I need more. They are just gorgeous and perfect for framing a photo. Here I used two in differing sizes to complete a frame around my matted photo. These chain circles were dressed with Rust Paste and also Dusty Attic's Acrylic Paints - Oceania, Bisque, Faded Denim and Gingernut.







I also dressed the large anchor the same as previously stated here. 


Below you can see the Textures created using Rust Paste along with Dusty In Colour Acrylic Paints on the Anchor.



You can see below that I have layered up the Chain Circles around the photo




Well friends that is all that I have for you today. I hope this project has inspired you to create something of your own to enter into this months Moodboard Challenge. I look forward to seeing your entries ! Until next time take care and big hugs.




No comments:

Post a Comment