Saturday 5 May 2018

Tranquility - Patricia Basson - Canvas art



Good Morning Blog friends... 

I would like to share with you today a canvas that I have created. On the background of the canvas I did some image transfers...I wanted to create a Garden effect, once you go through the door, one can escape to a little tranquility! 




Apart from the colours, I also took inspiration from the yellow cabinet door and wall in the bottom photo. I used Door #3 and Brick Window. After gluing the bricks onto the background piece, I added some Pumice Stone Effect paste after which I pained it all with Yellow and Blue Acrylic Paints using the Petroleum Jelly technique to achieve the distressed and weathered look. Also added a little bit of stamping and Raw Sienna paint. To finish I dry brushed a little Turquoise Satin Opal Magic Wax onto the raised areas.




The trellis part of the Door was embossed with Aged Black Embossing Enamel from Stampendous...There is also a little Rust Paste added.

















The Lamppost was also coloured with Rust Pastes. The inside of the lamp is painted with a little red ink and crackle varnish was added. The Pot and Wild flowers were also painted with various green and yellow paints with some crackle and clear gloss varnish added. 

On the bottom I used the Dusty Attic Stencil, Webbing #2 with Graphite Texture Paste to create a stone effect. All the yellow colouring was done with 13 Arts paints Yellow Amber and Yellow Lemon and Spiced Marmelade Distress Oxide Inks.

These are the products that I have used from the Dusty Attic Webside... 





















Thank you so much for your visit... Remember all the chipboard, stencils, gloss and crackle varnishes you can purchase straight from the Dusty Attic website


 There is also still free shipping on orders over 100 Aus $ available...Enough reasons to stock up on Chipboards... 

"There can be
 no other occupation like gardening
 in which, 
if you were to creep up behind someone at their work,
 you would find them smiling." 
~Mirabel Osler~




No comments:

Post a Comment