Saturday 10 September 2016

Wing Chick - Heather McMahon - Mood Board Inspiration

Thankyou for all the love you sent to Jen "the Boss" Hedger over her Birthday, there is a face book competition of HUGE give-a-way of the new products, a birthday gift FROM Jen!
Hop on over, like our page and enter (if you haven't already) 
Then have a go at the Mood Board this month as well, Heather has a layout below for inspiration.
 
BEING YOUR WING CHICK
 
Hello again! It's Heather McMahon here with you again today to share the layout I made using the stunning new September mood board as my inspiration. I adore these mood boards. Has there been a single one yet that hasn't been an amazing artwork in itself?

Here's what I made this month:


I loved the dark coppery colours and gorgeous teals on the mood board so I used these on my page.


Taking my cue from the bottom right picture, I focused on shimmery, metallic accents, using metallic paints and Tinby Design Metallic Melts. Unfortunately it hasn't photographed well, with the gold and copper elements looking more orange than anything else!

I never throw out chipboard off-cuts. They can be used in so many ways! I used some off-cuts to make the 'film frame'. They were perfect! I also cut up a music notes set to make individual notes that I could scatter around the page.



I used up the last of my mini banners on this. I'll have to re-stock cos I adore them! I've used the heart  button again - I find this so versatile that I seem to use it on almost every page lately!



The Dusty Attic products I used are:

Music DA0351

Mini Banners DA1021

Mini Heart buttons DA0682

Mini ABC Set Upper DA0861
and Mini ABC Set Lower DA0862

Waste Strips from various chipboards

I hope you're going to join in the mood board challenge this month. Don't forget there's a $100 Dusty Attic voucher up for grabs!

Happy scrappin'!


Heather McMahon







No comments:

Post a Comment