Friday 9 May 2014

Happy Day Mixed Media Canvas WITH A VIDEO Tutorial - Gabrielle Pollacco



I've been on the Dusty Attic Design Team for almost 5 years now and one of the first pieces I was given to work with was the French Window Pane....I really loved this wondow design and was saving it for a special project....almost 5 years later I've finally come up with the special project I wanted to use it on.  For this canvas I used loads of Dusty attic chipboard pieces as well as some of their paints and blooms.  I always find when it comes to mixed media it is best to show rather than tell so here is a video tutorial I made up (this one is a half hour because I wanted to show all the misting and layering, so grab a cup of coffee or tea, relax and enjoy! 






Supplies used on this project:

~ 8x10 Canvas
~ Maja Design Patterned Paper (for window) Vintage Summer Basics
~ Dusty Attic Chipboard:  DeVine Frame Set, Wrought Iron Fence, Mini Ornate Gate #2, French Window Pane, Brick Wall Panel, Mini Bird Houses, Bird Nests #1, Mini Birds #3, Mini Branches, Monarch Butterflies, Flutterbies #3.
~ Paint: Dusty Attic 'Dusty in Color' paints (Cashmere, Hot Chocolate), Luminarte Silks 'Peridot', Lindy's Stamp Gang spritz (Sea Grass Green, Steampunk Sepia,Treasure Island Aqua), Tim Holtz: Pink Sherbet Alcohol Ink, Antique Linen Distress Paint, Gesso.
~ Prima loose flowers, Dusty Attic mini roses.
~ Stencils:  Crafters Workshop 'Art Is' 6x6 stencil, Prima Sunrise Sunset checkered stencil.
~ Home made texture paste ....recipe can be found at this link http://gabriellepollacco.blogspot.ca/2013/06/a-tranquil-moment-with-new-websters.html



Here are some close ups again of this canvas that you can view at a more leisurely pace...















I hope you enjoyed my video tutorial and hope that I've inspired you to try using chipboard to create your next mixed media canvas design!




10 comments:

  1. This is just amazing!! Love the window and tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! My! Goodness!!!! This is awesome!!!! Loooooveeee this piece so much Gabrielle, it is simply exquisite and I loved seeing how it all went together!! Awesome!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond wonderful canvas and tutorial! Video was so helpful! I am bookmarking this! So glad FB led me to you! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 Years already???? And you never fail to amaze me with what you create...Love you work and your lovely personalty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my all time favourites of yours Gabrielle- follow your layouts when they pop on Pinterest - beautiful work - beautiful colour hues - just lovely - thanks so much for sharing your talent via video tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gabrielle Ohhhh I am amazed with your canvas.It's beautiful! I love the ornaments you used, how you have changed and you made use of inks.You are a great artist! I really enjoy watching your videos and also learn from them.
    I plead your number one fan!
    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful I think my heart stopped when I saw it! Enjoyed every second of the video.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great project, I was really more than happy to look your STUNNING project, wohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, a dream for me, thanks a lot Gabrielle !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful creation!! Really enjoyed the video tutorial! Looking forward to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful way to spend a Sunday morning watching you create such a beautiful piece of art. Thank you for taking the time to show us your process.

    ReplyDelete