Thursday 16 May 2013

'Love' Tag by DT Louise Collins

Hi All!
Today I would like to show you a really quick and easy way to get some real dimension from your chipboard pieces, especially for those of you who like to have your pieces 'pop' off the page!

Now, did you know that chipboard is made up of loads and loads of really thin layers? Yep, which is how this technique is made possible.  Take any DA chipboard piece that you would like to add some shape to, and simply start pulling apart some of these layers by carefully pushing a craft knife in-between them.

 
I have used the Flower Layers #4 to create my bloom. I have only used two of the chipboard flower shapes here, one slightly smaller than another... 

 
After separating each of the petals into three layers, I also cut a piece of one of the Mini Wicker Fences to use as stamen. Just push these up through the centre holes from underneath.

 
When it was all constructed, I painted it using DA Acrylic Paints and added to a tag I made...

 
I hope you'll try out this technique, and pop on over to the ning site here to show us all what you've created :-)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. WOW...thank you for showing that to us. It makes chipboard that much more useful b/c now it can be stacked or manipulated in many different ways. Thanks again,

    ReplyDelete