Tuesday 2 April 2013

"April ATC's" by Karen & Michelle

April's ATC Theme is Moroccan, 
 We can't wait to see how everyone interprets this theme!.
Here are some 'Industrial' ATC's by DT members Karen & Michelle


Moroccan Theme by Karen Shady

Hi there Dusty friends. Karen here today, to share with you my take on the April ATC challenge. The MOROCCAN theme really pushed me to my creative limits. But, then I remembered the gorgeous new ATC frames, and then I was away.
I inked the ATC frame using metailc gold ink, then randomly added a little Rub n buff, and finished it off with a few adhesive pearls and rhinestones.
I painted the Mini Morrocan lamp in Soot Dusty in colour paint, and drew the gold highlights with a metalic gold permanent texta, after the paint was dry. I finished off by filling inside the frame with Demensional magic, to add some shine to my ATC.

PRODUCTS USED:

Thanks so much for calling in,
Karen x
This months ATC Theme for Dusty Attic is Moroccan, after researching for ideas for this theme I noticed these gorgeous rich colour schemes. Not colours I usually work with but I loved getting out of my comfort zone on this one, I love the end result!



 To paint the vase I painted with a cobolt blue paint, then painted the white pattern across the pot, the glued chain along the top and bottom.


  

To create the frame border I cut it from the cottage window with vine.



Dusty Used:


                                          Marrakesh Trellis small  DA0821



                                        Vase 4pk  DA0270



                                       Cottage Window with vine DA0196



                                                    Vine Corner DA0753

                                                 

Fancy Trim #4  DA0470

 





2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the theme, and the ATC's are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great examples of the Morrocan theme ladies! Love these! xo

    ReplyDelete