Saturday 16 February 2013

'My Girl' Layout + Tutorial - Louise Collins DT

Today I would like to share with you a couple of layouts and show you how I have created my backgrounds using Dusty Attic Paints.
 
My first layout is this one that I created on a sheet of Chipboard...
 
 
Firstly, I 'dolloped' some blobs of paint in the region that I wanted my background colour.

 
Then I laid a small plastic bag (I used a peddle bin liner) over the paint while it is still wet.
Use your fingers to spread the paint around under the bag.
*HINT*
If you can find a clear bag to use, you can see where you are spreading the paint.
 
 
Lift up the plastic and voila! You can lay the paint covered plastic back down in a different position to spread the paint further.

 
After doing this and allowing it to dry, you can repeat with other colours as I did with the yellow paint...
 
 
 

And on to my second technique. Here is a layout that recently appeared in the Dusty Attic Gallery
 
 
When I first used Dusty Attic Paint, I was thrilled by how thick it was, perfect for covering that chipboard with. However, sometimes I want to be able to allow my paint to run and splat, which is where I need it to be a little thinner.
 
To do this, I mixed a little water to the paint...
 
When it was thoroughly mixed, I used a plastic dropper to drip the colour down my page.
Before doing this I had glued some glass microbeads to my page to act as a mesh that slowed the paint down and allowed it to spread rather than simply run straight down the page.

 
Once I had dripped and dried my first, lighter colour, I then added a darker shade to the remaining watered down paint and mixed it well again.
 
 
I then repeated the dripping again as before.

 
...and there is my coloured background, ready to embellish!
 You can view and order DA paints from the website here
 
Other Dusty Attic products used on these pages...
Butterflies #2 DA0842
Floral Corners DA0848
Moroccan Accents DA0837
Vintage Keys DA0392
 
Lou Collins XX My Blog: http://prettypaperandchipboard.blogspot.com

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment