Sunday 26 November 2023

Memories and Moments looks like this - Kim Arnold - Mood Board Inspiration

 


Hi everyone! I am back with some more inspiration from this month’s beautiful mood board. The colours in this month’s mood board are so rich and vibrant and could work with any theme. I had this photo from the recent train trip I took with my husband and decided it worked perfectly with this 49 and Market collection that matched the mood board perfectly.




From the huge range of Dusty Attic chipboard, I chose one of the lovely, long multi-font titles, film strip, a hashtag word, some chevrons I had left from another project and some more of my absolutely favourite dandelions for this layout. I will take you through what I have used and what techniques I applied.








I started with the title, painting it with gold mica paint. This gold paint works perfectly directly on the chipboard and gives such a beautiful shine. I attached the title over the photo and really like how it sits between us on the photo. Long multi font titles are a real favourite of mine. By using a Dusty Attic title like this you can still have it cohesive by painting it all the same colour, but have the benefits of the different fonts. I also chose to reorder the words, going with Memories and Moments, rather than Moments and Memories.







I used the same colour on dandelions. I often use these dandelions with other flowers, but this time chose to use them by themselves, just tucking the stems behind other elements to hide the ends.








\


I used a translucent umber (brown) paint for the filmstrips, #thatwasfun from the daily word 4 pack and the chevrons. The chevrons are the pieces you might chose to discard from the chevron panel. I keep all of these bits and then use them as “arrows” on other layouts – a great way to get value from your products. The translucent brown paint really made the chipboard look like wood.





To make the film strips long enough, I cut them in half and covered the gap with the photo and photo mat. This is another way to get more use from my products.




I hope you have a chance to get some creative time in soon – maybe you might get a mood board inspired layout done!




Happy scrapping
Kim x

Dusty attic products:

https://dustyattic.com.au/product/moments-memories/

https://dustyattic.com.au/product/mini-filmstrips/

https://dustyattic.com.au/product/daily-4/

https://dustyattic.com.au/product/chevron-panel-small/

https://dustyattic.com.au/product/dandelions/

No comments:

Post a Comment