Tuesday 27 April 2021

Altered Journal Cover - Patricia Basson

For todays share of Dusty Attic goodness I decorated a Notebook cover with Stamperia Music paper and awesome Dusty Attic Chipboards...











After gluing the papers to the notebook I did some stencil work with a tacky glue and some Autumn Blaze Mega flakes from InigoBlu.
I inked the Industrial Wings and a few small Gears with Pumice Stone Distress Oxide ink and embossed them with two layers of clear Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. I also dusted some Fairy Dust Glitter onto the hot embossing. They make the perfect wings for the Paper Doll from Tim Holtz.





I have to show how beautiful the Metal Plate pieces are even though they are mostly hidden behind the other elements. I often get asked, why do so much trouble if they get hidden anyways? Because it is so much FUN and the satisfaction that I get after playing with different mediums is just very rewarding...

So I painted the plates with thinned Patina Mold Green Paste from Cadence, and then randomly embossed with Fire Mixed Media Powder from Ranger and Dirty Sand Baked Texture from Emerald Creek.





The Industrial Heart was painted with a thicker coat of the Mold Green Patina Paste and random embossed with Vintage Beeswax Enamel powder.
I mixed some texture paste with Orange Rainbow Color glow from 13arts and dabbed that onto the Gears. Also added some random embossing with the Fire Embossing Powder. 



I hope you like this project of mine and if you feel inspired, these are the chipboard pieces I used from the Dusty Attic on-line shop...





Thank you for your visit...Till next time, Happy creating!!!




Soft moss a downy pillow makes
      And green leaves spread a tent,
Where Faerie folk may rest and sleep
      Until their night is spent.
The bluebird sings a lullaby;
      The firefly gives a light:
The twinkling stars are candles bright,
      Sleep, Faeries all, Good Night.
~Elizabeth T. Dillingham~
"A Faery Song"

No comments:

Post a Comment