Sunday 17 January 2021

Love Always - Aneta Nasionkowska

 Hello again!

I've prepared a post from the preparation of the order for a nice girl who asked for a box for wedding photos for her brother and his wife on the occasion of their first wedding anniversary. I must admit that such moments move me, because I know that unfortunately not all siblings love each other so much. For example, in my family, it's not customary to give each other gifts, even when there is an opportunity, which I truly regret. On the other hand, my husband's family takes advantage of every possible situation to give someone a little gift, what a beautiful habit. I'll try to get it instill in my daughters. How is it with you? Do you give gifts only for occasions or maybe you don't give them at all?

Okay then, now let me tell you about this box creation. The box is designed for two sets of 6" x 4" photos. The base is made myself from 1.5mm beermat, glued properly, and then I covered it with beautiful scrapbooking papers from the "Breeze of Dreams" collection by Margaret Paper Design. The edges of the paper are aged with Distress - vintage photo. I like sewing my projects on the machine and this time was exactly the same, I've decided for elegant stitch in beige. Then I used the embossing folder, thus giving the structure, and emphasised the pattern by applying white paint using the dry brush method.



Then I made paper flowers myself using the Spellbinders die set. I like them very much, I've already made quite a lot of flowers for my projects with them. I don't always do that but.. I decided to use stamens this time. The flower arrangement is built on cut pieces of lace, gauze and corrugated cardboard. The composition includes wonderful daisies from Dusty Attic. For coloring them, I used Promarker in a soft green shade, XS Faber-Castell fineliner and Gelly Roll 08 from Sakura. On the left side, I placed a decorative frame, painted it with white acrylic paint and inked the edges. I used paper leaves from a die, but also filigree chipboard leaves. I rolled the pieces of white paper into a roll and aged the edges - you can see them next to the flowers on both sides of the cover.



A few cut-out elements from the same paper collection are used in this project: keys visible next to flowers, a banner on which I affixed the inscription "love" and inside the box phrases "always be happy" and "life is a beautiful journey". The couple's names are also printed on one of it. The daisies bear the charming inscription "sweet memories". Inside the box I put personalized details of the couple: their photo, wedding date and another inscription "a captured moment". I colored the chippy inscriptions using the Gelly Roll pen and then I covered them with glossy accent from Ranger.



This is my third box made from scratch. I'm satisfied with the end result and already know that I'll make two more soon, because my daughters liked it and I got an order from them! Personally, I have the impression that being a handicraftsman, an indispensable part of this state is giving handmade stuff to family and friends. Do you also make souvenirs for the family? Or maybe you mainly realize customer's orders? I greet you warmly and invite you to visit me again soon.

Products used this time:


Ankarika Craft (Fb)    Ankarika Craft (IG)


Dusty Attic's products used:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment