Monday 13 January 2020

Happy - Joanne Simons

Hello and Happy New Year to you all!

I am so very excited and extremely humbled to be asked to stay on this amazing team.  Seriously I had the best time last year creating for Dusty Attic and to be asked to stay on really was very exciting for me. 


I'm looking forward to another year of fun and creativity.


Today I am sharing with you a layout I created featuring a photo of my dear dad and I.  I have to say I kinda struggled with this one and I think it was the size of the photo that threw me a little.  I usually scrap 3 x 4 inch pics but this one for some reason was a 4 x 6 and just took me a bit longer to get my head around it.




I started by colouring that beautiful Ornate Trim Border with some pigment ink.  Next I coloured my Swirly Flourish Frame with some distress ink and I then added a little foiling to it in random spots.  No heat required - I just dabbed a little glue on my frame, let it get tacky and then press the foil into it and remove.  Its a great little technique to add a little something extra to your chippy.

I finished my layout by adding my flower clusters and tucked under the padlock from the Key To My Heart chipboard set along with the key.  I laid the "Happy" over my flowers on the right hand side and finished with a little random stamping.


Here are a couple of close ups for you.




You can see the foiling a little better in this close up shot and that beautiful Ornate Border too!





Dusty Attic Products Used






Thanks so much for stopping by


Until next time - happy scrapping

Joanne Simons

No comments:

Post a Comment