Saturday 28 December 2019

Kristy Abela - Mood Board Inspiration

Hi Dusty Fans,
Welcome to December... I wanted to create a post and a project to remember to smell the flowers in light of all the flora that has been devastated this month from the bushfires. It honestly brings me to tears to know that so many homes, animals and history, such as our Wollemi Pines, are destroyed. 
This project is to remind me of the beauty there is in the little things. 



 To create this project I kept it clean and fresh and let the elements speak for themselves. I used chalk based paints and fussy cut elements from the Pink Fresh range.


 I liked the idea of circles to remind me of the perpetual cycle of nature and chose to use the Floral Frame Set #3. I trimmed the smaller frame in half and used my water mister to 'stretch' it out to a wider arc so I could layer them. I also used my chipboard scraps to create a matt for my photo to sit on.







I used Art stones and glass Cabochons to keep the earthy organic feel. For a little bit of magic I used my shimmer pen & Shaved ice. 



To accent my clusters I added Tropical Foilage #6
I finished it off with a splatter of Distress Oxide Spray in Dried Marigold 




I hope you enjoyed my layout and I wish you all a Safe and Merry Christmas.


Kristy Abela


Check out the products I used below. 






No comments:

Post a Comment