Saturday 28 September 2019

Vintage Soul - Kristy Abela

Hi everyone, I have a small canvas I created. I fell in love with the photo and wanted to create something to hang on my wall. I have a floral collage to enhance the image and to compliment all my awesome Dusty Attic Chipboard. 





I used some Rice paper to create a background and some crackle paste to blend in the harsh edges. I then coloured the paste and rubbed it back with a baby wipe to get the colour to contrast in the cracks.


I used some embossing powder and the Dusty Attic Script Stencil in the background and i used Distress Oxide in Walnut and a little gel medium to seal the chipboard from reacting to moisture. I really like the variations you get in colour with the oxides



I added some stamping to the background. and continued to colour the chipboard. This time I used Glossy Accents to seal the colour. I also edged the photo with some white paint to frame it.


 You'll notice I used some Broken Bits from the Dusty Attic Collection. I have used paint and Dusty Attic Crackle to colour these pieces.


This is the background and all my Dusty Attic Goodness... Enjoy some close ups. 




















Kristy Abela


No comments:

Post a Comment