Sunday 26 May 2019

You're the One - Kristy Abela - Mood Board Inspiration


Hey Attic Dwellers! 

I have been busy playing with my Chippies and flourishes and have this gorgeous layout to share with you! I am am bit saddened that the weather has turned. No matter how hot it gets I still prefer it to winter... Brrr!! So check out this inspiration... I'm counting down the days 'til the spring blossoms 
are again in bloom. 








To start I had a play with my Modelling paste Black! OMG... In LOVE! 
Look at the way it perfectly framed all the chipboard in this layout. Here I marked out a boundary for my focal point and repeated the pattern in the stencil to frame the whole image.



I rarely use purple in my layouts and from what I read among other crafters' - you either love it or hate it! 
Its my favourite colour so perhaps that's why I am scared of it. The inner voice asking, "Will I do it justice?" You can decide!



I really felt that it needed a pop of colour so I tested it on the area under the focal point and BOOM! Look at that separation of colour! 


I used embossing powder to colour my Chipboard, I wanted the glossy look of sunlight reflecting off the flowers. I didn't have any dark flowers or embellishments so I ended up dying my fabric and flowers to match my layout. To give it a touch of femininity without colour i used my Dusty Pearl Flourish Bling... perfect!


Found these awesome paper straws! Check out your local IGA in Sydney or Melbourne... Perfect embellishment - (and a plug for hubby who distributes the product..)


I used some archival quality ink in blue and black to stamp in the background.


I finished it off with a Cuts 2 luv Flair... 
I hope you enjoyed my creative processes... 
Thanks for looking!!

Dusty Attic Products used. 


Kristy Abela

No comments:

Post a Comment