Wednesday 16 January 2019

Belinda Spencer Weekly Sketches


Hello Dusty Attic fans!

Belinda here today to share two layouts based on the first two awesome sketches for the year.

The boss has created some fabulous sketches that really help to get the creativity flowing. I love that I can skip the design step and get stuck right into a layout. I also love using multiple photos on a layout for a change.

Week 1 Sketch




'Love This Memory'



What an absolute cracker of a sketch for the first one of the year! The design made it super easy to add so many photos. Especially for a single photo scrapper like me. Lucky I take so many photos of my kids when they are at karate grading too!

I started with a kraft cardstock base with each piece cropped to the roughly A4 size that I like to scrap. I taped them together at the back using some washi tape just to hold them in position while I worked on them. I used Cocoa Vanilla Studios papers (another awesome Aussie brand) and just played around with them until I was happy with the arrangement of patterns and colours.

I stuck the papers down and then swiped some Dusty In Colour Storm Cloud Paint across the two pages to give my photos somewhere to 'sit'.

I used the Crosshatch Stencil with some white gesso to add a little more interest to my background.




Check out that fabulous Arrow Border! I LOVE these! Here I have simply painted it with a couple of coats of heavy white gesso. Once the gesso was dry I then went over the top with my white Posca Paint Pen to make it a more brighter, crisper white. All of the chipboard pieces I used on this layout were given the same treatment. I love the look of crisp white against kraft cardstock.







Dusty Attic products used:




Week 2 Sketch


Scrapbooking to me is not just about recording the best moments. It's about recording ALL of the moments; good and bad. For this layout I wanted to document the day I got one of THOSE calls from my son's school.

*NOTE: This layout contains a 'sentence enhancer'. Look away if you are offended by swear words.*



I have used some of my favourite Aussie brands on this layout; Dusty Attic of course as well as Cocoa Vanilla Studio and Flutterby Designs.



I used the Metal Plates Stencil with a black journalling pen to add some interest to my background. I also used the stencil to create a border around my page.

I covered the Boom - Layered Clusters with co-ordinating patterned paper and sanded the edges.



The rest of the chipboard was treated the same as in the previous layout to create a crisp white look. 







Dusty Attic products used:



Well that is all from me for today. I hope you are loving Jen's sketches as much as I am. Don't forget to upload your layout in the post on the Dusty Attic Facebook page if you play along. We would love to see your take on the sketches using fabulous Dusty Attic products.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.

Cheers
Belinda


No comments:

Post a Comment