Sunday 16 December 2018

Happy Campers - Belinda Spencer

Hello Dusty FANattics!!

Belinda here today to share my first project for December featuring some fabulous Dusty Attic products.

'Happy Campers'


For this layout I wanted to document one of the adventures of our elves Tinsel and Ichabod. On this day they had decided to go on a camping trip and the Dusty Attic Camping Icons chipboard could not be more perfect!



I started by squeezing some Dusty In Colour Oceania paint directly onto my background. I then used a silicone palette knife to spread the paint over the surface. As usual I applied way too much paint so I scraped some of it off and swiped it over another background for later use. Waste not want not! Next I diluted some Dusty Pink and Gingernut paint as well as the Oceania and then flicked some droplets of colour over the background using a soft wet paintbrush. Then I left it to dry while I painted the Cosmic Swirl chipboard..



Here I have used the Cosmic Swirl chipboard as a Christmas wreath and have painted it accordingly with little red berries. I used the Gingernut paint first to cover the whole wreath and then coloured the stars and 'berries' with Posca paint pens. I used the same Dusty in Colour paints for the Camping Icons that I used on the background to co-ordinate everything with the photo. I used the white Posca paint pen to add some detail to the pieces.



I layered everything on the layout including the photo and patterned paper elements and then finished off with the title and some wordpl@y pieces. The title was coloured with a couple of coats of the same white Posca Pen.

I so love how these cute little camping themed chipboard pieces go so well with my photo. I knew I was never going to go camping to take a photo to use with these pieces so I am happy that my elves did!

Dusty Attic products used:



DA0912 Dusty in Colour Oceania



Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today!

Cheers
Belinda



1 comment:

  1. Oh Belinda, this is amazing! I love your background and clever use of the swirl.

    ReplyDelete