Thursday 21 June 2018

Some kind of Wonderful - Belinda Spencer

Hello Dusty Attic fans!

Belinda here with you today with my layout for the month created with lots of gorgeous chippies. 

I got my hands on the Kaisercraft Stargazer range  and couldn't wait to match it up with some fabulous Dusty Attic star chipboards.

'Some Kind of Wonderful'


I began the layout by altering the background paper with clear gesso and Autumn Nights Glimmermist that I have had in my stash for aaaages. The spray nozzle was blocked up (of course) so I just spritzed the background with water and painted it on with a brush. I had to leave it overnight to dry absolutely completely to be able to emboss some white stars using a stamp and some fine white embossing powder. I flicked some white paint over it too.



Next I painted that stunning Star Banner silver using Brushed Pewter Tim Holtz Distress Stain. I LOVE this stuff! It's so easy to use. Just dab it on. It's mess free too and there's nothing to clean up. Winning!



I love to use the Mini Captions for my titles. There are such a variety to use to suit any occasion plus because I work in an A4 format, a smaller title really works well. Here I have grabbed my favourite white paint pen and swiped it over the surface taking care not to press to hard and obliterate the words in the boxes. I let it dry completely and then gave a second coat for extra crispness.







I added some more chipboard stars again painted with the Brushed Pewter to match the Star Banner. I can't resist using a Mini Tab on my layouts too jst above my photo. This one has been painted with the white paint pen to match the title.



I added a whole bunch of round and star shaped sequins to create a lovely night sky on my layout.

Dusty Attic products used:





No comments:

Post a Comment