Sunday 27 May 2018

Not Older, More Vintage - Nicole Doiron - May Mood Board Inspiration



Hello everyone!


Nicole here to share with you my project
inspired by the May Dusty Attic mood board challenge.







Here is this month's classy and elegant mood board:



I was inspired to create a page about myself using some of the same colours and textures as in the images, including lace, white wash and pretty flowers.

I created a title by combining the Dusty Curls ABC Set and the Mini ABC Set Upper as well as the 'vintage' word from the Mini Words #3 pack.




I cut one of the gorgeous Corner Flourish #3 in 2 pieces, treating each piece a different colour of embossing powder to complement the colour palette. I then dabbed some white paint on them.



On my background, I chose to use the Lace Stencil to add a little texture.

I used gold embossing powder on the butterfly from the Flutterbies #1 set.


My favorite part of creating a project aside from playing with chipboard is searching my flower stash to pick the ones that will best fit my colour palette and theme. Needless to say, I have more flowers in my stash than I will ever be able to use in a lifetime!




And the many leafy flourishes from Dusty Attic are just perfect to extend the flower clusters on any layout.




I wanted to create this page to remind me that getting older doesn't have to be a bad thing. I will be turning 45 next month and I'd rather see myself as getting more vintage rather than older.





Now let's take a closer look at the Dusty Attic products that I used:




Chipboard

Corner Flourish #3 - DA0623

Mini Butterflies #2 - DA0893

Flutterbies #1 - DA0389

Dusty Curls ABC Set - DA0468

Mini ABC Set Upper - DA0861

Mini Words #3 - DA0477

Word Strips - DA1464

Stencil

Lace - DA1310


Make sure to share your Dusty Attic projects with us


See you next month and, until then, happy creating!

You're welcome to visit me at Scrap-Utopia if you want to see more of my art!








No comments:

Post a Comment