Sunday 29 April 2018

Love your Smile - Belinda Spencer - April Mood bard Inspiration


Hello Dusty Attic fans!

Belinda here today to share my take on the fabulous April mood board.

'Love Your Smile'


For my layout I searched through my photo stash and came across this photo I snapped of my son in his new pyjamas. That photo just wanted to be paired with the BRAND NEW RELEASE Physics Symbols chipboard pieces. I LOVE these new chippies! They remind me of 'The Big Bang Theory' which is one of our favourite shows.



I wanted to create a little bit of a starry night sky in the background so I gave my white cardstock a thin coat of clear gesso before scribbling a blue Faber-Castell Gelato over the top. I spritzed some water over the top and then used a soft, wet paintbrush to blend and spread the colour.



Once dry, I placed the Keyboard Jumble Stencil over the top and swiped some texture paste over it. When that was completely dry, I used a white Posca Paint Pen to colour over some of the numbers/symbols to make them a crisper white.



And because I am all for 'fuss-free' altering of my chipboard, I also used Posca Paint Pens in a bright yellow and blue to colour the chipboard pieces. Paint pens are such an easy way to colour chipboard and you don't have to wash any brushes! That is my favourite part!!



I coloured the title and the page tab with a white paint pen. Too easy!









Dusty Attic products used:




I hope you are feeling inspired to give this fabulous mood board challenge a go this month. I would love to see your beautiful project featuring amazing Dusty Attic products.

Cheers
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment