Thursday 8 February 2018

Create Art - Pastricia Basson


Hello to all my blog friends.
Beginning of a new month means that it's my turn again on the Dusty Attic blog post. Once again I have used my favourite chipboards to decorate a Journal Cover. I have quite a few of these Journals and use different ones for different types of Art. For this one I mixed a little rusty industrial with a little bit of Shabbiness. I am loving the look I achieved of using Lindy's Stampgang Embossing Powder on the Rust effected chipboards.
The paper and flowers are from 49&Market, the Scents of Nature collection.









All the pieces where gesso'd. I then added different colours of Prima Rust Pastes. I used Brown and Red paste, and mixed a little blue acrylic paint with Mint Green Patina Paste which gave me the Bluish Purple colour.  I also embossed with the following embossing powders, Cosmic Pink Blue and Raspberry Lemonade. The trellis parts of the Industrial Scroll was painted with Iris Potion Sparks Paint from Prima.
On the white flowers from 49&Market I rubbed some waxes, Royal Robes Opal Magic and Bronze Age Metallique Wax.








The title was embossed with Cosmic Pink Blue and Lapis Lazuli Blue Gold embossing powders. I also sprinkled some of the Blue Gold on the corrugated board...The little Butterfly was embossed with both the Cosmic Pink Blue and the Raspberry Lemonade.








Please visit the Dusty Attic store where you will find all the products I used and many more....























Leaving you for now with the following Quote....Thank you for your visit, it is much appreciated....

Creativity
 is allowing yourself
 to make mistakes. 
Art
 is knowing 
which ones to keep. 
~Scott Adams~

No comments:

Post a Comment