Monday 26 December 2016

Oh what a Beauty ! - Heather McMahon

Hello again from Heather, Dusty Attic friends! I have a layout to show you today that I made using some of my favourite chippies. I had so much fun with this!


I absolutely love Dusty Attic's Whimsy Frames. I know I'll be using these again and again. There are plenty of different designs and I'm working my way through them all! I simply inked my frame in black ink to make it stand out from the bright, busy background. This is so quick and easy to do.
 

 
The background is a riot of colour and scraps - I love this edgy, arty style. It might look like I've thrown it all together but it actually takes me ages to get the balance of colour and weight right. The background is made using my current favourite stencil - the Scribble Circles. I just swiped gesso through it. I put all sorts of nick-nacks on top, like this cute little Dusty Attic bird.
 

 
I've painted my title in bold colours, again to help them stand out from the background. I mixed up my Dusty Attic fonts to add to that funky feel. I then painted the alphas with Clear Gloss Varnish to give the title a more polished look. I also ran a line of Clear Gloss Varnish around the inside edge of the frame.


 
The Dusty Attic products I've used are:
 
Whimsy Frames #5 DA1561
 
Bookman ABC Set DA0666
 
Typewriter ABC Set DA0143
 
Tile ABC Set DA1119
 
Mini Birds on a Wire DA1173
 
Scribble Circles Stencil DA1608
 
Dusty in Colour Paint
in Soot and Navajo White
 
and of course, my ever reliable...
Dusty in Colour
Clear Glass Varnish DA1901
 

Happy scrappin!
Heather McMahon







































No comments:

Post a Comment