Sunday 16 October 2016

True tory - Tina Ollett - Mood Board Inspiration

Hello and welcome!
Tina O with you today to, I hope inspire you to give this month's Dusty Attic Moodboard a go!
Have you seen it? Well if not here it is.......

So all you need to is to create a project that has some Dusty Attic chipboards goodies on it and upload it to the blog at the right side bar. There is a $100 voucher up for grabs. The first time I saw this board, the grey jumped out at me. I looooove grey, so that is what I went with. This is my interpretation of the October moodboard.

I have titled it ....
................True Story................


My starting point for this was my background page. I have used Maja's Nyhavn harborside collection for this. I tore the top section from the base paper and backed it behind with some of the yellow. I primed my page with clear gesso and then did some sentenciling with the Dusty Attic Distressed Diamonds Stencil and crackle paste. While it was still wet I sprinkled over some silver prills and then when it dried I coloured some sections with some Twinkling H2O's buttercup.



I layered some distressed lengths of this gorgeous lace I picked up at my fave shop, and coloured the flower centres with a little of the Dusty in Colour Cashmere acrylic paint.


The Dusty Attic Ornamental Trim #2 that I used here was cut up to elongate it around my rather large  flower cluster! I made up a mixture of Dusty in Colour Black Soot with Crackle Paste and some prills and Art Stones. I covered the whole piece and allowed it to dry. My foliage was dressed in the Cashmere. My foliage pieces were firstly crackled. Once they were properly dried I covered them in Liquid Pearls to take on the glamorous touch. While still leaving them rustic with the deep cracks from the crackle paste. The Bird Bath was only dressed in Crackle Paste. I did edge it with a little buttercup Liquid Pearls at the end.


Awwww and how cute is this Dusty Attic chipboard crown? I just had to use it here to make a statement about the photo. It was also dressed in a little liquid pearls.


And again closer.


This cluster got a little out of control but in the end I really loved the effect of all the layers. To help with the layering I have used some 49andMarket Rutic Blooms that I have coloured with black Distress Spray and then I edged the petals with a little dry brushing of gesso to help them stand out!


And these gorgeous Cameo Ribbons are just gorgeous. I have covered the edges with Silver Liquid Pearls and then added a Metal Clock to the centre. I used one Cameo Ribbon and cut it in half and added to the left and the right of the photo.


To create this project I have used the following products:












Well that is all I have for you today! I hope I have inspired you to give this months gorgeous moodboard a go. You have until the end of the month to upload your entry.

Until next time....happy scrapping.

Design Team Member 2016


Teen 
xOx

No comments:

Post a Comment