Monday, 22 August 2016

Where to start ..... Rachelle Sigurdson

Hello, today I am here to share with you, a couple projects I did using Dusty Attic Chipboard & 49 and Market Products. This is the first project a altered box with Dusty Attics 3D Birdhouses...
The Dusty Attic used:
3D Birdhouse set 3pk
3D Birdhouse set 
mini Brick Wall
mini brick wall
mini Cobblestone
Mini Cobblestone
mini Lamp posts
Mini Lamp Posts
Branch #4 small
Branch #4 Small
Vase  4pk
Vase 4PK
FAncy Trim #5
Fancy Trim #5
Grass Cluster #1
Grass Cluster #1
Laurel Sprigs
Laurel Sprigs
Leafy stems #2
Leafy Stems
Swirl Vine #2
Swirl Vine #2
Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish
Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish
Corrugated Card
Corrugated Card
From 49 and Market I used:
FF With Love FFS 4444
With Love
FF Spring Cut Out Sheet FFS 4482
Cut Out Sheet
Rustic Barn Medium Blooms RB 84321
Rustic Barn Medium Blooms
Rustic Barn Small Blooms RB 84338
Rustic Barn Small Blooms
Rustic Green Blooms RB 84277
Rustic Green Blooms
Rustic Green Mini Daisy Blooms RB 84284
Rustic Green Mini Blooms
Rustic Melon Mini Daisy Blooms RB 84291
Rustic Melon Mini Blooms
Burlap Ribbon Roll - Cream 4" X 1m RB 84376
Burlap Trim
Here are some close ups....
The front view...

I covered the Box & Bird Hoses with the Flower Fairies Collection....
I glued the Corrugated paper on to chipboard, then painted it with clear gesso. I then glued the box onto the Corrugated base. I then glued a DA doily onto the left corner, as a start of the flower cluster.On top of the Doily I glued on the DA Leafy Stems, that I had altered using DA crackle paint, LuminArt Silk paint & Prills. I then glued the Swirl Vine & Lavender onto the base, that I had altered as I did the Leafy Stems. Final step was to build the cluster, using dyed silk ribbon, burlap, rustic blooms & the cut out Flower Fairy....
I used DA Fancy Trim #5, as a border on the front & sides of the box...
Here is a close up of on of the Birdhouses, using the Flower Fairies Cutout Sheet, DA Mini Bricks, small Branch & 49 and Market Mini Blooms...

The other 2 Bird Houses, using DA Vase, Laurel Sprigs, Leafy Stems & Mini Lamp posts...

I made a cobblestone pathway, using DA mini Cobblestone, that I applied the clear crackle on, then I glued Prills in between the cobblestones...
Here are a few more close ups...

I used Flower Fairies Lost Postcard for the inside of the box...

This is another altered Birdhouse I did, then took photos of it & did a LO...

The Dusty Attic used:
Wagon Wheels
Wagon Wheels
Water Pumps
Water Pumps
Industrial Scrolls
Industrial Scroll
mini Branches #2
Mini Branches
Fancy Trim  #1
Fancy Trim #1
Decorative Frame #1
Decorative Frame #1

For the roof I cut out strips from the BS of Conservatory sheet, then covered wood sticks with the strips, inked the edges, glued the sticks on to the roof & applied Clear Crackle Varnish. Once the crackle dried I glued on the DA Borders...

I used lots of clear crackle paint on the bird house & embellishing..
The Bird House is embellished with cut outs from the Heirloom Cut Out Sheet, 49 and Market Basic Roses, Lavender, Prills, Dusty Attic Chipboard, Prima Metal Clock & Prima Bling...

Once I completed the birdhouse, I took photos in our garden & did a LO, using the most of the same products that I had used on the bird house...

The Dusty Attic used:
String Frames small
String Frame Set Small
Industrial Scrolls
Industrial Scrolls
Wagon Wheels
Wagon Wheels
Water Pumps
Water Pumps
mini Chicken Wire
Mini Chicken Wire
Flower Buds #2
Flower Buds
mini Blossoms #2
Mini Blossoms #2
mini Branches #2
Mini Branches
Word Pack #33
Word Pack #33
The 49 and Market used:
Heirloom Botanicals Collection
Conservatory 84918
Harmony 84871
Serenity 84901
Serenity -BS
Heirloom Cut Outs 84956
Heirloom Cut Outs
The Scrapbook Diaries retails 49 and Market Products:

I used: Stop Whinning, Third Place, Plum Crazy & A Penny Saved
I trimmed the edges of the Heirloom Sheet, cut out a circle in the center, then distressed the edges. Under the circle I glued a piece from the Serenity Sheet, then glued  this onto the BS of the Conservatory Sheet. the next step was to do some hand stitching.  I glued the barrel on to a piece of chipboard, then painted it with clear crackle...

I love Prills & on this LO I used 4 different colors of prills...
The paints used are LuminArt Silks..The Barrel flower clusters, are from the cut out sheet, plus DA flower buds, mini branches & mini blossoms..

Thank you so much for taking the time to look....Rachelle


  1. Rachelle you did a fantastic job on these bird houses and the box. They are so very pretty ... I'm so impressed. All the awesome details. Gosh you are such a talented artist.
    Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous art. It is so inspirational to watch and enjoy your projects.
    Hugs from Monica

  2. Oh my goodness! These are truly sensational! Wow!