Saturday 23 July 2016

His Happy Place - Tina Ollett - Mood Board Inspiration

Welcome, Tina here with you today to share my interpretation of this months Moodboard for Dusty Attic. Gorgeous, bold and bright, see for yourself below.
JULY 2016 MOOD BOARD

For those of you who love your chipboards as much as I do, you are in for a special treat. I have a layout jammed packed full of Dusty Attic goodness. So my interpretation of the above moodboard goes something a little like this..........

"His Happy Place"


I love to create with photos that have a very special memory for me. And this photo is a most treasured memory. This was taken about 5 years ago now on Australia Day. The kids and I found a quite little area at Beachmere to take our two beautiful dogs "Sam" and "Gusbus" for a swim.  Unfortunately neither dog is with us anymore, and 5 years on we all still think of them constantly, none more than my son who loved these two to bits. He and Sam were of the same age as we got her when I was pregnant with Hayden. So yes this is a very meaningful photo and I only hope I have done it justice!

Image 1

So isn't it funny when you see something and you just instantly fall in love with it. And then all you want to do is use it......but........it takes that something special to be able to use it on! Well this was my problem with this Dusty Attic fishnet stencil . And I love it so much that I have only just realised that I have three of them....heheheheehe! So anyways the something special was the Vintage Artistry papers which are my background papers here that I have used.  I have used the stencil along with some freehand texturing and then a dash of  Bashful Blue Twinkling H2O's. 




Below you can see that I have used the chipboard Decorative Scroll to hold the little bottle containing very small shells that I pulled from an old jewellery piece that I found at an op shop.



I have used the Decorative Scroll #2 to frame the photo. It has been turned back to back and then cut up to sit at the left of the photo. I used a number of layers of  Texture Paste to get an uneven textured look that you can see here. Once it dried I rubbed Brown and Red (looks more like orange to me) Rust Effect Paste over the chippies and rubbed it in and wiped off the excess.

  

The Compass Rose is so so beautiful. This I have made look very rustic by adding lots of mediums, Rust Effect Paste, Viva Inka Gold, and Distress Inks.



I have also used the Mini Chains that come in a 10 pack. I looooovve chains at present I can't explain why but they are just my go to! These beauties were inked with Distress inks and Dusty Attic in Colour Sunburnt Orange acrylic paint. The flowers for this were also coloured with Dusty in Colour Acrylic Paints to achieve these beautiful colours. The Cabichons were also coloured with the acrylics.


Image 1 Image 1 
 Dusty Attic Texture Paste Image 1

Dusty In Colour Acrylic Paints (Oceania, Sunburnt Orange, and Chocolate) ,Dusty Attic Texture Paste and Crackle Varnish were all used for colouring on this layout.


And some more close-ups......


That is all from me today. I hope you are happy and well....and until next time happy scrapping!

Tina x

Design Team Member 2016

1 comment:

  1. Oh my you totally rocked this mood board with your STUNNING layout!! I was wondering what flowers did you use on your layout? hugs xox

    ReplyDelete