Thursday 28 April 2016

Altered Journal - Heather McMahon

Hello! It's Heather McMahon back with you today to share a journal that I altered. I've been doing a 12-week fitness challenge at a gym and we have to keep a journal for it. We are split into teams and they told us to decorate our journals in our team colours. As you can imagine, asking a scrapper to decorate a journal was like asking the sun to shine or the wind to blow - it's just what we do naturally!

Here's what I made:


I used Dusty Attic paints on the background through a Dusty Attic stencil. I then splashed some Magicals around. Here's what the first layers looked like.


I added a few more layers of paints and Magicals to get the final effect.

I LOVE this chippie scroll. I simply painted it in silver and let it shine!


It's quite hard to stencil on a surface that has already been stenciled on as the surface becomes uneven and wet mediums seep under the stencils, so I stenciled the butterflies onto a piece of white cardstock, cut them out and glued them onto the cover. It was slow work but I love the white borders around the butterflies as it helps them to stand out from the background.

These are the Dusty Attic products I used:

Decorative Frame #1 DA0207

Circuit Stencil DA 1322

Butterflight Stencil DA1493

Dusty in Colour Paints in Oceania,
Denim, Dusty Pink and Silver

Bookman ABC Set DA0666



Happy scrappin'!

Heather




No comments:

Post a Comment