Monday 8 February 2016

Just be Yourself - Patricia Basson

It's Saturday...I am all alone and think it's the perfect time to try and catch up on all my bloggy time entries!
Last week I had my hair done and actually felt confidant enough to put my camera on a stand, hit the timer button and take a few photos of myself...for me that is such a big step, for I really, really hate myself on a photo!!! After 273 photos there were a few that were saved from being dumped in the trash-can, of which this is one.
I had to honour this momentous occasion by using ..yes...my al time favourite chipboard...Dusty Attic!  Working on two sheets of 7 Dots Studio papers from the Thoughts Keeper collection and using no flowers...can hardly believe that...I present to you  -Snapshot-



From Dusty Attic I used the following pieces,
Fishnet Panel, Lace Border #4, Ornate Frame Set and Spring Blooms #3. The bark is a thin paper like embellishment that I picked up during one of my visits to the nursery, it is an awesome looking filler!









I did not gesso my pieces before hand, merely painted them with the Dusty in Colour Acrylic Paints. I cut the piece of frame that was hidden behind the bark and used it as an accent in the top corner. I mixed Sugar Plum with a little Soot to paint the frame. Once dry I sprayed it with Lindy's Stampgang Flat Fabio Merci Beaucope Mint. I wrapped Prima Wire Tread around it with some added glass beads.



I love making a paste from the paints by using 13@rts Magic Powder...I made three colour batches using Gingernut, Mountain Meadow and Sugar Plum and used the Creative Script Stencil on the background.






Using just two pieces of the Lace Border #4 as accents. I painted them with Mountain Meadow and pressed some paste on for texture. This shows that one does not need to use the entire border as is...they make excellent filler pieces as well...





The Spring Blooms were painted with Sugar Plum and Dusty Pink paints and misted with Lindy's Cotton Candy Pink. Added a tiny crystal for Bling...




Some 7 Dots Studio Tags and Finnabair Antique Silver Art Sugar.

Visit the Dusty Attic shop and you will find theses and many more... 




















Like the sky opens after a rainy day
 we must open to ourselves....
 Learn to love yourself for who you are 
and open so the world can see you shine.
 ~James Poland~

Hope you have a peaceful weekend...
Much Love
Patricia

2 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous Patricia, and your layout is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like you. I hate being photographer. Love your layout and especially the chipboard pieces wrapped with wire and the crystals add just the right touch. Super job!

    ReplyDelete