Sunday 14 February 2016

Altered Art Bottle - Joanne Bain

Joanne here today sharing a little off the page creation using some gorgeous Dusty chippy. I have been enjoying creating a series of altered bottles. I have seen so many done and thought I would give it a try myself. When I think of altered bottles first thing that comes to my mind is old and ancient so that is the look I set out to achieve.

'Altered Art Bottle'


So I wanted to make the chippy look old and like metal to match the other metal trim pieces.


To start the main centre cluster I started with a large Dusty Spider. I wet his legs and pulled apart to create extra dimension. I then added a couple of layers of Dusty Wings. These were also wet and slightly pulled apart.


All of the chipboard was then painted black and misted with Finnabair Iridescent Mica Powder Gold. This mica powder is amazing when misted over black.


I added some dress jewelry chains and beads and some gorgeous Prima metals to finish the bottle off. As you can see lots and lots of Dusty chipboard layers.

Materials List

Cogs #1 - DA0001
Wings #1
Spiders - DA0114
Vintage Keys - DA0392
Abstract Frame - DA1511

Other - Prima Metals and Rub Ons, Dress Jewelry and chains, Finnabair Iridescent Mica Powder Gold, Finnabair Black Gesso, Miscellaneous Metal Clocks Face and Flowers.

Visit my blog - Scrappin For Me

  

3 comments: