Monday 28 September 2015

Love Little Moments - Lisa Gregory

Welcome Dusty Attic Lovers!! Lisa here with a new layout using the gorgeous Dusty Attic chipboard. I found a gorgeous piece of paper imprinted with a frame, which was the color inspiration to this layout. I loved the antique looking old frame gilded design on the paper. I wanted my chipboard to match that old gilded feeling. I also wanted an old world feeling, so I added distressed layers using the Dusty Attic corrugated cardboard tucked under here and there. I wet it, distressed it a bit, then added color with sprays.


To get the look of gilded paint on the chip board was very easy. I sprayed Lindy's Stamp Gang  Mission Bells Brown Starburst spray onto a non stick craft mat. The chipboard was then swirled into the spray until it all soaked up. This left parts of fine gold mica powder blended into the color brown of the spray without leaving defined spots. Perfectly blended and oh so easy. To seal it, I added a very light coat of Dusty in Colour Clear Gloss Varnish.


I did the same to the title. I used words from 2 different sets. The word LOVE came from Word Pack #19. The Little Moments caption came from Mini Captions #6.

I love the Leaves #2. They are so light and airy looking.  I placed a few of them on my non stick craft mat and sprayed them with water until they were soaked through. I waited a few minutes then I peeled them in half turning 1 leaf into 2. This made them easier to bend and shape after they were sprayed with color. I then tucked them into the flower clusters.



This view just shows the layers and dimension created on this layout. I sprayed some cheese cloth with color then tucked it underneath the top layer. You can see how light and airy the leaves look.



 Thank you for stopping by today!! Check out the dusty Attic store for lots of new products. The newest chip board designs are Fabulicious!!
xo
Lisa

 Dusty Attic Products Used:
                                                       Dusty Attic corrugated cardboard
                                               
                                                    Dusty in Colour Clear Gloss Varnish
 
Leaves #2.

                                                                   a Mini Captions #6

                                                                       Word Pack #19.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! It looks like a victorian piece of art! Very lovely vintage colors!

    ReplyDelete