Friday 11 September 2015

Life is Beautiful - Gabrielle Pollacco - with a Video Tutorial


Hello friends, it's Gabrielle here with you today to share my latest mixed media page using Dusty Attic chippies.  I used a variety of Shimmerz Paints products on the pieces to give them a nice textured feel.


I used the Dusty Attic September 2015 Inspiration board to choose my colors for the page.  NOTE: there is still plenty of time to play along in this months Inspiration board challenge, just be sure to post your project in the right side column of the Dusty Attic blog....there is a $100.00 Gift Certificate to the DA online store up for grabs!
These are the Dusty Attic products I used to create this page design.  I created a short(ish) video tutorial to show how this page was made.  So, grab a beverage, take a little break and enjoy!....



Hope you enjoyed my little tutorial! Mixed media pages are a lot of fun to make and (other than drying time) go fairly quickly.  Here are a few close-ups you can view at your leisure.


I love all the new wonderful title chippies available from Dusty Attic.  For this one I simply stamped it with some black ink and applied it to the page.  The blooms I used here were a very inexpensive layered sticker set I bought at my local dollar store (I thought the colors were a good match to the inspiration board :)


Here you can see the lovely texture I got on the Elegant Swirls #3 chippie by using some Shimmerz Gritty Graphite Textures on it....I feel like it gives it a kind of cool iron look.  The cute lil bridge was part a super generous gift pack sent to me by a dear friend in Hawaii....thanks so much Kimberly!


Underneath the photo and in the corner of my page design I used one of the stencils I designed for The Crafter's Workshop called 'Moving Vines'.  For this project I used the 6x6 size.  I also added a bit of stamping using a text stamp from Bo Bunny (It is Written Stamp) and a brick textures stamp I designed for The Scrapbook Diaries.

Thanks so much for stopping by the Dusty Attic blog today, we always enjoy hearing from you and appreciate your kind comments and feedback!


2 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous layout! Love the video too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for the video, gorgeous page! I love it
    Pitchoune

    ReplyDelete