Friday 29 May 2015

Escape - VIDEO TUTORIAL - Gabrielle



Hi All! It's me Gabrielle here with you today to share some summery fun with Dusty Attic chipboard! I'm super excited because I just recently got my nice stash of  Dusty Attic chippies in the mail, and I am head over heals in love with the new scripty titles Jennifer Hedger just released!  One of my favorites from the new selections is the Word Pack #10.....love the soothing summery words!  I used one of them for this beach canvas.

Dusty Attic Products used on this page:
~ Crooked Fence
~ Word Pack #10
~ Anchors
~ Seagulls
~ mini Seagulls
~ Grass Clusters #1


I used the Dusty Attic Inspiration Board as a jumping off spot for my canvas design, I just love this months serene peaceful colors and words!  ....If you haven't played along this month, there still is time!  Just be sure to link your project to the right column of this blog to be entered into the challenge and have a chance at the AWESOME monthly prize!

So, rather than explain each step in creating this canvas I thought I'd share another Video Tutorial so you can just sit back relax and watch! Enjoy!



I hope you enjoyed my video tutorial today, I had lots of fun making it!  Here are a few close-ups that you can view at your leisure....


Here you can see some of the chipboard designs close-up so you can see in more detail how I finished the chipboard designs.  I also made a few embellishments out of air dry clay (Martha Stewart, ...the Starfish and barnacles).


I just love the crooked fence design!  This is my first time using this chippie and I love the way it looks for this beach scene!


I added some sand color seed beads to the beach area just for a little added texture to the canvas.


Here you can see a close up of the title chippie and the stamp work I added using my own stamp design (peeled paint)....the stamp can be found at The Scrapbook Diaries.


I was really happy with the way the anchor came out too!  I used some 3D Bronz metalic paint on the anchor and then spritzed it with Shimmerz Taupe of the World Vibez paint.


I hope you enjoyed today's project and hope you feel inspired to enter the Dusty Attic May Inspiration Board challenge!


2 comments:

  1. Oh myyyyyy Gabrielle - THIS IS FABULOUS. I am not a seashore project lover but I must say.... you might have won me over with your creation. Really really lovely in every way. The colors, the textures, the design... it really about as close to perfection as you can get. I'm VERY awed. j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tutorial! I love this canvas, so light and tranquil in colors - a real escape. When I look at it, it recalls me that you can be alone but not lonely and sad, and some time it is so good to spend time alone with nature. Feel inspired to try and play with textures, color and chipboards as well.

    ReplyDelete