Monday 8 September 2014

Dream Canvas - Helena Johansson

Good Morning, Helena here 

When I saw the Old Wooden Fence (DA1084) I just knew I had to use it or a 12x12 canvas. This chipboard piece is so beautiful, and needs to be on display!





I have painted the fence with white gesso, and then let the pieces dry for a minute surface down on a piece of paper. That way some of the paint sticks to the paper, and the chippies get an instant shabby look! I have also sanded the edges a bit.

The background of the canvas is misted with silver and gold mist, and I have also used a brick stencil to make some texture.


Here's a photo of the canvas before flowers and other embellies. I wanted to show you the Swirly Vine #4 large (DA1100). This piece I have misted with green mist and embossed with Mix'd Media Inx, color Leather.




And now for some close-ups:













The word "dreams" is from the Word Pack #4 (DA1077) and I just used it raw (touched with a bit of gesso when I finished off the canvas).








The Wagon Wheel (DA0697) worked perfect with the old wooden fence, and I kept this
 piece raw too.




Lots of dimension!




Thank you for stopping by today!
xoxo
Helena

DONT FORGET OUR DESIGN TEAM CALL
All the details are on the Blog how to enter
and of corse the Monthly Sketch Challenge as well










3 comments: