Sunday 22 December 2013

Advent Calender with Bird Houses - Rachelle Sigurdson

Hello,I am here to share with you a Advent Calender,that I decided to top off with bird houses....
I used the Vintage Frost Basics Collection for this project.....
From this collection I used: 1st of Dec, Days of Dec-BS,11th of Dec,10th of Dec-BS, 20th of Dec-BS,6th of Dec,8th of Dec & the Christmas Die cut sheet. I also used the Die cut sheet from the Vintage Winter Collection

The Dusty Attic Chipboard used:
Advent Calendar DA0201
3D Birdhouse set 3 pk DA0851
mini brick wall DA0723
chicken wire panel DA0177
Advent calendar santa sleigh insert
mini lamp posts DA0754
stars #2 DA0937
mini christmas tree 8pk DA0652
Christmas Tree #2 DA0648
grass cluster#1 DA0660
wagon wheels DA0697
Brick paving DA0930
birdcage #5 DA0678
mini grass clusters DA0867
mini birds #1 DA0723
cogs #! DA0001
Other products used: Prima Stencil static 6x6,Prima sunset,sunrise roses silver,Prima engraver collection-trim,Tim Holtz rock candy crackle, TH,rock candy glitter,TH picket fence crackle,TH gem clips,Martha Stewart Texture effects white,lace,burlap,liquid accents,stickles,micro beads,seed beads
The Advent Calender is wood & all drawers slide open. Dusty Attic has some beautiful inserts, to go in the Calender, I used part of one of the inserts,then decided to play.......
I distressed my Maja Papers, did some stencil work,using texture effects & once that dried I glued the paper to the back & sides.I also had made layers,that look like snow drifts,under the star area (to have the sky & the ground)that you can see on the lower photo on the left side. Well, I spent hours on that & started to embellish & lost my layers!

I love,love all of the Maja die cuts, so that is why, I wanted to create a winter,Christmas scene using them...

I tried my best at getting it 3D......
On all the paper, except for most of the die cuts I applied rock candy crackle, then sprinkled on rock candy glitter.....
I cut out pieces of paper for the roofs & some of the houses,on a couple houses I used the mini brick. I again applied the rock candies & once that dried I used some texture effects on the roof,& sprinkled on some glitter while that was still wet....
I used texture effects on the stars & sprinkled on micro beads & glitter....

I did the same with all the trees....I left the fence raw,except for the effects on the top...the fence is the birdcage #5,that I cut off the top & flipped it upside down....
I used picket fence crackle on the lamp posts,rubbed in some brown chalk once the crackle dried,then added some texture effects to the top.....
I cut out a couple pieces of paper for the little drawers,glued the full piece on,then the ripped piece on, with a piece of lace in between.I then applied a coat of rock candy crackle,& sprinkled one some RC glitter. The little knobs are Tim Holtz paper clips (gem clips). I cut off most of the clip,leaving enough so that I hammer in a hole with my little hammer & paper pierce on the box,to glue on the knob....
Shows the 3D,on the floor I used the brick paving. On the brick I used picket fence crackle & sprinkled on RC glitter while it was wet....
Another 3D, & on the lower photo I had to include the Canada Stamp!!!!!!
Now for the bird houses,I Looooooove the bird houses!!!!So much fun to play with & another little winter scene!!!!
This is where I used the die cuts from the Vintage Winter Collection.
I did the same to the bird houses as I had done with the drawers.......
I cut out pieces of the Maja paper for the birds,inked the edges,glued them on to the chipboard,applied some crackle & used a pearl for a eye.On the grass clusters I used picket fence crackle,on the stems,then rubbed in chalk. On the heads of the grass I applied RC crackle,then sprinkled on micro beads & glitter while wet. I left the wagon wheel raw,except for a brad in the center,inking the edges & texture effects & glitter on top....
I punched out scalloped  layers for the the roof, then applied texture effects to the scallops...
I love to play with these altered pieces,only problem is, is that you can't stop working on them,because you want to see the end result. I love how the bird houses turned out with the woodsy, outdoorsy feel!!!
I want to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas & all the Best for Year 2014....Rachelle


4 comments:

  1. Holy Smokes!! That is too beautiful for words! WOW! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow!!! Amazing!! Loooove it <3
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most amazing Advent Calendar that I have ever seen! Well done! Where can I buy the unfinished Advent Calendar DA0201?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this calendar is the most beautiful I have ever seen!!!! the details and dimension is amazing! outstanding work!

    ReplyDelete