Thursday 11 April 2013

Capture the Adventure with Dusty Attic Chippies, Blooms & Paints! - with Gabrielle Pollacco

I've been wanting scrap this cute photo of my little Great-niece Kiera for while now....and I just knew I wanted to use that awesome fishnet chippie from Dusty Attic Designs....actually I used a whole lotta the Dusty Attic for this one.  I used the Grass Clusters #1, Grass Clusters #2, Ornate Corner, Shells, Mini Bird Houses, Fishnet Panel, Birds a Field, Corrugated Card, plus a number of the New Dusty In Color Paints (Navajo white, Bisque, Meadow Green, Hot Chocolate and the New Mixed Media Crackle finish....AND some of their new Mini-roses!! 
I painted all the pieces white to start with...then used a variety of inks and paints to lightly color the chippies.  The papers are a mix of the gorgeous Maja Design papers from their Vintage Summer Basics collection and their Vintage Spring Basics collection. 
The blue and white blooms I used here are from a bargain bin at Michaels, and I just added leaves from Dusty Attic to finish up the bloom clusters.....I love these for the perfect finish for a cluster. 
I painted the little bird house with Navajo White, inked with some brown chalk ink and added a coat of the DA Crackle medium.  For the shell I mixed a little sand into some Gesso to add a little texture to the shell.  I added a little sea glass to finish the beach look. 
For the corner chippie I did a little script stamping and again added the Dusty Attic Crackle medium on top of it.  Here's a full list of the goodies I used to make up this page:

Supplies:
Chipboard: Dusty Attic (Grass Clusters #1, Grass Clusters #2, Ornate Corner, Shells, Mini Bird Houses, Fishnet Panel, Birds a Field)
Corrugated Card: Dusty Attic
Paints & Mediums:  Dusty Attic (Navajo White, Hot Chocolate, Meadow, Bisque), Dusty Attic Crackle Medium
Flowers: Dusty Mini-roses (Caramel, Sky Blue), Dusty Leaves, Petaloo (white flower), Michaels Bargain bin blooms.
Patterned Paper: Maja Design ~ Vintage Summer Basics (1905, 1934), Vintage Spring Basics (April 7th)
Stamps: Bo Bunny Script Stamp
Rub-on: Daisy D's
Other: Burlap, Cheese-cloth, loose buttons, Shells, Sea Glass, Bo Bunny Jewels

Is everyone else as ready for the beach as I am?  Goodness!  We went to the Maple Syrup Festival here in Ontario and it was soooo cold!  We had a blast and ate some great food but boy, am I ready for summer! 

6 comments:

  1. wow I love beach pages and this is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I am in awe of this.. how very beautiful... The reeds are perfect and the fish net is awesome.. really love the beachy colors and adorable photo.. wow.. love this..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabrielle ... seriously ... this is AMAZING. Your creative style is jaw dropping. This design is canvas/art studio worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this page, Gabi!! So soft and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this page, Gabi!! So soft and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete