Wednesday 13 March 2013

March ATCs by Belinda, Helena, Louise & Mistra

March ATCs by Belinda, Helena, Louise & Mistra

Today we have some more amazing ATCs to share with you for this month's cool theme... INDUSTRIAL!

'Industrial Disease' by Belinda Spencer


As soon as I saw the theme for this month's atc challenge, I thought of that old Dire Straits song "Industrial Disease" so I took my quote from the lyrics by Mark Knopfler from that song. I used a fabulous stamp from Darkroom Door for my 'Industrial' man. I also thought of that tv advertisement for flu shots here in Australia. You know the one. The woman sneezing in extreme slow motion. Not pretty. Anyway, I took inspiration from that and tried to make it look like my man was sneezing nuts, bolts and washers. It's strange the way my mind works sometimes! LOL

Dusty Attic products used:

Thanks for checking out my atc. I do hope you will join in the challenge!

Cheers
Belinda


'Industrial Evolution' by Mistra  


Hi everyone!!  Today I have my March Dusty Attic ATC to share with you.  This month's theme of "Industrial" had me grabbing out some mini cogs, bricks and a mini grass cluster... I wanted to show that even though we are still such an industrial world, nature left to it's own devices will always peek through.


I even found some rusted bits in my stash... knew I was holding onto these for a reason!

The cool coach screw {I think that's what my hubby called it} is cast in resin from a mould from Moulds by Mel, she's got some fabulous designs for all kinds of things now!


The chipboard cogs were painted with Golden Iridescent Stainless Steel Acrylic paint, it has a wonderful rough texture and is perfect for the cogs.  I added a little Adobe Mix'd Media Inx to the edges to help them match my rusty bits.

The texture on the bricks was created with embossing powders, I have a tutorial for them HERE.

Thanks for stopping by, until next time, take care of you!!




Dusty Attic Products used:

Mini Cogs DA0689
Mini Grass Clusters DA0786
Brick Wall Panel DA0316
ATC from ATC Frame DA0663

Dusty in Colour - Faded Denim, Pesto & Crushed Olive 


'Treasures' by Helena
 
March ATC

I had so much fun creating this months ATC with the theme Industrial! I was a bit scared first, I mean, this is so not my usual style!! But once I got started, the pieces just came to place, and I'm quite happy with the result.

I have used a small Cobblestone Panel (DA0828) and cut it so it would fit my ATC. Before I glued it into place, I painted the ATC with Dusty in Color - Soot (DA0925), and after I glued the panel I painted the whole ATC with Vintage Gold (DA0926), using a sponge. Then I painted a mini Lamp Post (DA0754) with black enamel accents and glued it to place. Then I searched my little treasue box for metal pieces and found some chinese coins, a screw and a couple of buttons from old jeans, and a lamp from Ingild Bolme, and glued everything on my ATC. I then painted everything but the lamp with some Soot paint. Finally I put Clear Crackle Varnish (DA0900) in some of the cobble holes. This gives a pretty cool effect!




'Pieces of Life' by Louise


I spritzed and distressed the corrugated cardboard, then stapled some pieces of the mini chicken wire, painted black, to the corners. I painted the cogs in silver acrylic and layered them up with metal embellishments.
I used Mini Chicken Wire, Corrugated cardboard & Cogs 1.



Lou Collins XX
My Blog: http://prettypaperandchipboard.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh! Just loving all your takes on the ATC's for this months theme!! AMAZING!!! xo

    ReplyDelete