Monday 4 February 2013

"Shabby Shutters Wall Hanging" by Audrey Underwood DT


"Shabby Shutters Wall Hanging" by Audrey Underwood


Sticking with the theme of love, this little piece is actually a gift for someone special, so it was made with an extra dash of Love.
The chipboard pieces were painted and left to dry. I then sanded and distressed them. I wanted a creamier toned paint for this project and so I mixed the white with a tiny bit of Ginger to achieve a tone I liked.
Aren’t those shutter divine, I knew almost instantly what I wanted to do with them as soon as I seen them. The piece was initially made on some Dusty’s corrugated card, which was then stuck to the
Decorative Gate Panel.













Products used –
Mini Wire Dress Form DA0670
Mini Hearts - DA0514
Window with Shutters - DA0792
Decorative Gate Panel for 6x4 - DA0319
Navajo White Paint – DA0903 Mixed with a tiny amount of Ginger Paint DA0922, to give the white a creamier shade.
Flowers – Dusty in Bloom – Bridal veil - DA0805
Corrugated Card - DA0830

No comments:

Post a Comment