Tuesday 3 January 2023

Sugary Sweet - Michelle Van Oudtshoorn

Happy new year!

Wishing you all a prosperous and wonderful 2023! Just like that it's a brand new year - thank you Dusty Attic for having me on the team again for 2023 - I just love Dusty Attic chipboard, and so honoured to be able to design for this great brand. 

Here is my first project for 2023:

I have used a Stamperia range of papers to create my layout. I first painted all my chipboard with acrylic paint - pinks and white. The flourish (Mystic Flourish DA1747) and the wings of the ladybug (Mini LadyBugs DA3353) in shades of pinks. The hearts (Heart Clusters DA3256), the title (Mini Captions #11 DA1834) and the body of the ladybug were painted with white acrylic paint.
I first matted the photo with papers and then added a half doily to each corner. I added the photo to the page with a foam tape in the middle. This then allowed me to added th flourishes under the photo.
I added the ladybug on top of the flourish - these lady bugs are so cute - there a number in the pack and you can choose closed wings, slightly open wings or fully open wings - I have chosen the fully opened wings for this layout. 
I added the flower clusters and the fussy cut elements with the flowers.

I have added some rub-on transfers from 49 and Market's Spectrum Sherbet Strawberry Lemonade 6x8 transfer pack. I then added the hearts and the title "Sugary Sweet" - I thought this appropriate for this gorgeous, sweet photo (credit Pinterest).


I finished off adding some pearls to the layout.

These are the products I have used:





Thanks for visiting the blog today.

Hugs,
Michelle







No comments:

Post a Comment